Sunday 27 July 2014

Bel-issimo

My first post isn't actually about a meal I cooked myself, but a lunch I ate at Bel and the Dragon in Cookham.  It deservedly makes the inaugural post and you only need look at the pictures to see why this meal fed my happy quite so much.

So so so pretty, full of flowers (which I LOVE), extra yummy and so super-ridiculously-healthy.

The starter was seared yellowfin tuna, mustard wasabi and soy.

The main course was Secretts Summer Salad with grilled Mediterranean vegetables and quinoa.




Neither menu description gave any hint of just how lovely these dishes were going to be, which meant the pleasant surprise when they arrived just added to the whole happiness thang.



This was a real winner of a meal full of beautiful, vibrant, fresh and natural ingredients which I was able to savour (visually as well) slowly and mindfully.  It left me feeling fresh and sated but not full, heavy or guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment